Sunday, August 30, 2009

Trip to Comala

Ahhhhhhhh,,,,,,,, a trip to Comala. My new friends Cory and Carol. We all went to Colima for a day of shopping. ( They are the owners of Casa Los Lomas #33) Shopping got really, really boring so we drove up the side of the Volcano to a town called Comala for lunch. We went to the town square where they have restaurants along one side. Now as long as you are buying drinks they will bring you food. Boy oh boy what a concept! These people that live on the side of a active Volcano know how live. I discovered a new drink ( well new to me) called a Micholata, it is beer and lime with twist. They have Mariachi's that will play at your table, for a small price, who are the best I have heard. This is all open air restaurants so you can get dueling Mariachi's going at each end of the square. Wow what fun. After muchas food and muey drinks it was time to leave. Well Carlos who had 3 Margarita's while singing and dancing with the Mariachi's, so he said we had to visit the old Church at the end of the square. Each town has its main church around the square. Mexico has some of the most beautiful churchs around and you need to see them when you visit the town squares. Yes I was not standing to streight when I was in there, it was all Carlos fault.


You have to come with me some time for the fun....












No comments:

Post a Comment